In November 2019, Microsoft are going to be releasing the next major version of Windows 10. There is no exact release date yet, but we expect it to be between the 10th to the 15th.
As we are partnered with Microsoft, we get to test the updates before they are released. This gives us the opportunity to prep all client computers and get them ready to install the updates with as little downtime as possible.
New Features for Windows 10 November Update
Some new features will include the following:
- Third-party digital assistants will be able to activate above the Lock screen using voice commands.
- You can create events directly from the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar, without having to open the Calendar app.
- On the Start menu, the navigation pane will expand when you hover over it with your mouse, giving you more information about each icon before clicking.
- Changes to notifications will make them easier to configure and manage from an app or website right on the notification, both as a banner and in the Action Center.
- In File Explorer, the search box will be powered by Windows Search, to better integrate OneDrive content online.
- Narrator and other assistive technologies will read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards. It’ll be able to tell if the key’s locked or unlocked.
You can find the full list of changes on the Microsoft website.
All of our client computers will be updated shortly after the release date.
If you’re not currently a client of ours and would like to know more, give us a call.